Managing a grey fleet
Directors and business owners may not be aware that privately owned vehicles used for business journeys are treated exactly the same as company owned vehicles or professional drivers. Directors have an equal responsibility under the law to ensure these vehicles are also roadworthy and correctly insured.
For many, the constant flux of leavers, starters and changes is a cause for concern:
- Make driver consent for licence verification a standard part of every employee contract
- Verify licence accuracy and entitlement for every new driver
- Establish audits of existing licences on a quarterly basis, but vary frequency according to driver risk
- Direct, secure electronic link to access the DVLA database
- Our online driver information system provides full reporting
- 100% compliance via our exceptions handling service (nil-returns)
- Telephone alert service to identify drivers who should not be driving
- An efficient service – reduce cost and risk of manual checking
- Peace of mind – we manage all exceptions. For example when the DVLA provides “nil- returns”, caused by 1) licence number mismatch, 2) a change of name or 3) a change in licence status
- Reduction of risk – we will call you if any driver should not be driving
- Compliance with duty of care – clients have confidence they are fulfilling their responsibilities
For more information about managing a grey fleet download our Employer DataSheet, contact us or call 01159 694 952 if you are an existing customer, or 0845 872 1454 for new enquiries.