Driving licence checking & validation
Driving licence checking and validation is essential if your employees drive for work. As an employer it is your ‘duty of care’ to ensure that professional drivers, company car scheme ‘opt out’ drivers, grey fleet and pool car users are appropriately licensed. You risk potential fines under the The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 and health and safety legislation if you don’t.
Driving licence checking and validation can help employers check and validate employee licences, direct with the source authority the DVLA. It is an electronic service that replaces a visual manual check.
What is driving licence checking and validation?
Driving licence checking and validation with AdvancedCheck will:
- Validate the driving licence number before checking the information with the DVLA database
- Check driving licence information with the DVLA database
- Report findings back to you via a secure web portal
- In the case of an unlicensed driver AdvancedCheck will contact you immediately
Where the DVLA cannot return information electronically, we provide investigation and resolution. This ensures we confirm the licence status of 100% of your drivers.
Driving licence checking and validation frequency
The status of a driving licence can change for a number of reasons and in some cases without a driver knowing. After your first check of a driver an automatic check is scheduled. The frequency of this check is based on each driver’s risk profile. Should a routine check reveal a driver who is disqualified, or show a revoked or expired licence an AdvancedCheck team member will call your nominated contact immediately.
To ensure you carry out driving licence checking and validation for all your drivers we will annually carry out an audit to confirm the driver details on our system match those on your HR database.
Benefits of driving licence checking and validation for employers
Driving licence checking and validation can bring a number of benefits to your business, including:
- Reduce risk of misinterpreted information, fraud and dishonesty
- Consent for electronic checks is valid for three years – saving you time
- Be confident your drivers are appropriately licensed and insured
- Avoid potential fines under Corporate Manslaughter Legislation and Health & Safety legislation
- Improve road safety for everyone
For more information about driving licence checking and validation contact us via our web form or call 01159 694 952 if you are an existing customer, or 0845 872 1454 for new enquiries.